Important: If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to have successfully applied for KongPay before following this guide. You can apply by heading to ‘Payment Settings’ under the ‘Settings’ menu in your Kong store admin.
To get KongPay set up on your Kong store, simply follow the instructions below (should take about 2 mins):
- You should have received an email containing your Account Code and Username, along with an activation link that will allow you to create your own Password and Memorable Word.
Note: The username and password that you use to log in to your Merchant Portal is not the same as the username and password you need to enter into your Kong store on step 7.
- Once you’ve created your Password, you’ll be able to sign in to the KongPay Merchant Gateway Portal, which can be found at https://merchant.kongpay.me.
Note: If you have not received your activation email, please call KongPay on 08000 355 340 and a member of the team will be able to re-send it.
- Once logged in, click the ‘Service’ icon on the left-hand side.
- In the Services table, click the ‘View’ button on the ‘Online’ service row.
- Next, click the ‘API Integration’ tab at the top of the page.
- For security purposes, you’ll be asked to re-enter your password then click the ‘Show’ button to reveal your API credentials.
- You’re going to copy and paste the ‘Merchant ID’, ‘User Name’ and ‘Integration Password’ into some fields in the Payment Settings screen of your Kong Store, so login to your Kong Store admin, and go to Settings > Payment, then in the click the ‘Add a payment gateway’ link in the ‘Your Store's Payment Gateways’ section.
- Now select ‘KongPay’ from the drop down menu to reveal the KongPay settings fields, and copy and paste the API credentials from your KongPay portal into the corresponding fields in the Payment Settings screen on your Kong Store, then click the green ‘Save’ button at the bottom.
Note: The username and password that you need to enter here is not the same as the username and password that you use to log in to your Merchant Portal.