If you're using either the Seed or Venture themes, then you can display a MailChimp newsletter signup form in the footer of your store.
MailChimp allows you to send newsletters for free (up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month). If you don't have an account, you can sign up for one here.
Here's the steps to set up your MailChimp newsletter with your Kong store:
- Log in to your MailChimp account, then go to "Lists".
- If you don't already have a list, click "Create List" and follow the instructions. Otherwise, skip to Step 3.
- On the list you'd like to use, click the arrow to the right of "Stats" then choose "Signup forms".
- Click the "Select" button on "Embedded forms".
- In the "Copy/paste onto your site" section scroll down a little until you see something like
- Highlight the part inside the double quotes (shown here in bold for emphasis) then right-click and select "Copy", or press Ctrl + C (Windows) or Cmd ⌘ + C (Mac) to copy.
- On your Kong store, go to "Customise" and then "Themes".
- Click the "Edit Theme Pages" button.
- Near the top of the page, change the "Edit my" dropdown to "Theme/Layout Settings".
- Scroll down the page to the "MailChimp Newsletter" section, then right-click in the field and choose "Paste", or click in the field and press Ctrl + V (Windows) or Cmd ⌘ + V (Mac) to paste.
- Click the green "Save Changes" button and you're all set!