Here are the steps you need to take to add Google Analytics to your store:
1. Set up your Analytics Account
- The key is to set up your account and tracking ‘property’ correctly. Google provide helpful instructions here
2. Add the Tracking Code
- When you have created the ‘property’ with Google Analytics you should be presented with some tracking code, which will include your ‘Tracking ID’. It will look something like UA-532235-1.
- If you don't have it to hand then navigate to: Admin>Property Settings>Tracking ID. Here you will see your ID.
- Copy it, and login to your Kong dashboard. Then head to: Settings>Analytics
- Tick the box ‘Automatically add Google’s Universal Analytics tracking Code’ and then paste in your Google Analytics ID into the box below.
- Save the page!